Chinese consumers’ purchase intention of fresh cherries: Modeling of relations between satisfaction and perceived quality
Palabras clave:consumidores, cerezas frescas, calidad percibida, satisfacción, intención de compra, China
The purpose of this study was to model Chinese consumers’ intention to purchase fresh cherries through direct and indirect relations and mediating role between perceived intrinsic quality, perceived extrinsic quality and satisfaction. The analytical method used was a structural equation modeling (SEM). Surveys were applied to 388 buyers in three traditional markets in Beijing, China. A confirmatory factor analysis was performed, which presented an adequate goodness of fit to accept the model, according to the literature, which confirmed the relations. The results showed, that perceived extrinsic quality and satisfaction are directly and significantly related to Chinese consumers’ intention to purchase fresh cherries. Additionally, an indirect and significant relationship was found between perceived intrinsic quality and purchase intention, through the mediating role of satisfaction.
- Only the intrinsic perceived quality in fresh cherries is directly and significantly related to the satisfaction of Chinese consumers, generating indirect effects on the purchase intention through the mediating role of satisfaction, which is opposed to the results obtained in extrinsic perceived quality.
- The results obtained in this study determined that the intrinsic perceived quality does not present a direct and significant relationship with the purchase intention in fresh cherries, a result in conflict with that obtained in the extrinsic perceived quality.
- It was statistically demonstrated that intrinsic perceived quality has an indirect and significant influence on purchase intention through the mediating role of satisfaction; on the other hand, no indirect and significant influence was found between perceived extrinsic quality and purchase intention as a result of the mediating role of satisfaction.
- Satisfaction has a direct and significant relation on the purchase intention of Chinese consumers.
- The results of this research seem to be in line with the marketing initiatives developed by ASOEX, enhancing the attributes of intrinsic quality, color and size, and linking it to celebrations and traditions, through activities such as "Super Cherries days", "Chilean Cherries dance" and "Cherries from Chile", activities that have also been enhanced by public policies and agreements such as the free trade agreement between the two countries in force since 2005.
Derechos de autor 2018 Revista de la Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias UNCuyo
Esta obra está bajo una licencia internacional Creative Commons Reconocimiento-NoComercial-CompartirIgual 3.0.
Aquellos autores/as que tengan publicaciones con esta revista, aceptan las Políticas Editoriales.